“I just received an oil and gas lease proposal…”
Each day, mineral owners are contacted with a proposal regarding leasing oil and gas mineral interests. Unfortunately many of them don’t do their homework and miss available upside. However, those willing to do a little homework can maximize the benefits from their mineral rights. The articles below will guide you through the oil and gas leasing process. If you would like to discuss mineral rights related issues with other landowners visit MineralRightsForum.com.
- Oil & Gas Lease Forms – Is there a “Standard” oil & gas lease form? We discuss this common misconception.
- Pugh Clause – Article discussing the merits and uses of the Pugh Clause in oil and gas leasing. Explains vertical Pugh Clauses and alternatives to the Pugh Clause.
- Non-Participating Royalty Interest – Learn what a NPRI is and reasons one might be assigned.
- Oil & Gas Leasing: 10 Things To Make Sure You Do – Discover valuable tips for negotiating an oil and gas lease. Avoid costly mistakes when negotiating your oil and gas lease.
- Oil & Gas Leases: 10 Common Mistakes During Mineral Lease Negotiation – 10 common mistakes to avoid when negotiating an oil & gas lease. A sister article, 10 Things To Make Sure You Do, is also available.
- Bank Sight Drafts – Short article describing how bank sight drafts work in oil and gas leasing. Includes a sample form 30 day draft, and alternatives to drafts.