Leased and Producing
Producing mineral rights require constant management. If you are a Mineral Owner under lease and currently receive monthly revenue. The articles below will help you with everything from understanding taxes to how to read your royalty statement.
- Oil & Gas Measurement – Explanation of how oil and gas is measured at the lease and how it relates to payment for royalty owners or mineral owners. Defines MMBTU, MCF, BBL and more.
- Royalty Calculator – Use this oil and gas royalty calculator to determine your oil and natural gas interest.
- Royalty Management – Explains how to manage oil and gas royalties. Covers topics like mineral rights fragmentation and estate cleanup.
- Royalty Statements – Learn how to read and understand your oil and gas royalty statement. Explains terms like decimal interest, deductions, MCF, and BTU factor.
- Surface Rights – Learn the basic differences between surface and mineral rights.
- Volume Verification – Short article explaining how oil and gas royalty owners can verify their oil and gas production. Includes links to free state verification
- Royalty Taxes- Explains the tax on royalty and how these relate to mineral rights and royalty owners. See the articles below for additional detail.
- Oil Severance Tax – A detailed explanation of the oil severance tax.
- Gas Severance Tax – A detailed explanation of the gas severance tax.
- County Ad Valorem Tax – Learn what it is and how/when it applies.
- Depletion Allowance – Learn about this royalty tax saving strategy.
- Income Taxes – Basic guidance for navigating your federal income taxes.
- 1031 Exchange for Mineral Rights – Learn what qualifies, how it works, and the benefits.
- What is Fracking? – Hydraulic Fracturing defined through the eyes of a mineral owner.