Texas Oil Royalty Calculator
Why Wait? You Have a Cash Option for Oil Royalties in Texas
If you’re interested in exchanging your oil royalty income stream for a lump sum cash payment, this option is available. Depending on your specific situation, it could make sense for you, and provide new opportunities your life including a new home, car, & new business opportunities.
Learn exactly how much your royalties are worth today with our Oil Royalty Calculator:
REMEMBER, THIS IS AN ESTIMATE ONLY AND DOES NOT INCLUDE SEVERANCE TAXES OR POST PRODUCTION COSTS. Moreover, NYMEX prices are usually higher than prices actually received.
Also, use MineralWeb’s Natural Gas Royalty Calculator if your well produces natural gas. Combine the results from both calculators if you have a well that produces both oil and gas.
Texas Mineral Rights have a long history going back to the time when Texas was under the Spanish and Mexican flags. Texas mineral rights are even written in the state’s constitutions of 1869 and 1876. Under current Texas law, mineral rights can be severed from the surface rights and sold and transferred as a separate unit. Also, Texas mineral rights may be produced by the owner or leased to an oil and gas company for production. Two-thirds of the counties in Texas produce oil or gas for their mineral rights owners. The first oil well in the state of Texas was the Spindletop discovered in 1901 south of Beaumont, Texas
Major Oil and Gas Fields in Texas
- Bald Prairie Field
- Carthage Field
- Freestone Field
- Hugoton Field
- Newark East Field
- Oak Hill Field
- Pinon Field
- Sawyer Field
- Spraberry Trend Field
- Stiles Ranch Field
Major Oil and Gas Producing Counties in Texas
- Andrews County
- Freestone County
- Gaines County
- Johnson County
- Midland County
- Panola County
- Pecos County
- Scurry County
- Tarrant County
- Yoakum County
Oil and Gas Companies Active in Texas
- COG Operating
- Exxon Mobil
- Hess Corporation
- Kinder Morgan
- Occidental Permian Limited
- OXY USA
- Pioneer Natural Resources
- XTO Energy
Texas Mineral Rights Links
Railroad Commission of Texas: http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/
- Oil & Gas 101 – General information for mineral rights owners. Start here if you’re a newbie.
- Barnett Shale Texas – Short article describing geology, location & counties within the Barnett Shale of Texas. Written for oil and gas mineral rights and royalty owners in TX.
- Bossier Shale - Short article describing geology, location & counties within the Bossier Shale. Written for oil and gas mineral rights and royalty owners.
- Eagle Ford Shale – Short article describing geology, location & counties within the Eagle Ford Shale. Written for oil and gas mineral rights and royalty owners.
- Haynesville Shale Texas – Short article describing geology, location & counties within the Haynesville Shale of Texas. Written for oil and gas mineral rights and royalty owners in TX.